iFamily is an organization of 'Mom Schools'—classes created by inspired moms, dads, or youth to teach information or skills that they are passionate about sharing. See our By-Laws, Article III for more information about 'Mom Schools.'
Mom School classes may be comprised of either: 1) one lead mentor, 2) a lead mentor and assistant mentor(s), or 3) youth mentor(s) and their responsible adult. Each class must have an adult lead mentor or youth lead mentor with a responsible adult.
In order to mentor or assist in mentoring a class or classes at iFamily you must:
1. Be a member of iFamily. The lead adult or youth mentor's family must register during the open registration window and be a Member of iFamily in good standing. We understand that the class proposal deadline comes before the registration window opens, but just a reminder that to be a mentor you MUST be a registered member of iFamily. Co-mentors or Assistant mentors also must register as iFamily members during the open registration window. Mentors may pass this membership fee on to their class members.
2. Agree to uphold the Mentor Agreement (youths also see #5); this includes lead mentors, assistant mentors and youth mentors.
3. Submit a Class Proposal for each class you want to teach. The lead adult or youth mentor does this.
4. If you are a lead adult mentor, you must take the Introduction to iFamily Class. Beginning in Fall 2016, it will be required that all Lead Mentors take the Intro to iFamily class before mentoring at iFamily. (If you are new to iFamily, in order to mentor, you are required to take the Intro. class the semester you are mentoring.)
5. Youth Mentors are required to review the Mentor Agreement with a parent or responsible adult and agree to uphold it. The responsible adult for the youth mentor's proposed class is also required to review and uphold the Mentor Agreement. The responsible adult oversees the class the entire semester. You are responsible for making sure the youth mentoring the class is doing so according to the guidelines laid out on the Mentor Agreement.
We are so grateful for the many great mentors that we have at iFamily.